Saturday, July 24, 2010

Post-Vacation Blahs


morning sun at Cap-des-Rosiers
(across the road from our motel)


It seems my trip to the East coast has left me in a tender space. After a week that brought soul-filling moments of peace and contentment I've slipped into a space of envy and dissatisfaction. It happened
after last year's vacation too.

Maybe it's Mother Nature's doing, she brings me back to my core and sometimes she invites me to stay a while and entertain Life's Big Questions. Or maybe it's just my disgruntled reaction to a return to work and schedules vs. the freedom of a summer road trip.


Whatever it is, my intuition is telling me to scale back to my list of proven
Basics and that means a little less time at the computer and a little more time taking care of myself and my home.

My intuition's pretty smart that way, I think I'll listen to it and see what comes.

See you soon.
xo

2 comments:

  1. i hear you about the post vacay blahs...though sometimes mine are calmed by my appreciation for just being able to be in a routine again.

    wishing you really good self-care days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening is so important...take good care of yourself, my dear!

    ReplyDelete