It’s January and I have a confession to make: I've no word for the new year nor do I have any recap or goal-related lists - none written down anyway.
I tend to let things percolate a bit before formalizing anything into lists or plans or goals. I sift through the options and try to sit with them for a while to see how they feel. Of course one could also mistake this for the ramblings of a procrastinator in denial. [cough]
Whatever it may be, to help the process along I thought I'd share a braindump of selected things coming up in 2010 – some entirely negotiable, others not so much (note: although this is technically a list, rest assured there is nothing formal about it other than the use of bold letters and bullets):
- A new home. The owners of the house we rent today are coming back this summer so we have to find a new place to live. Do we buy? Do we continue to rent? Do we move out to the country? To a small town? Then we pack, unpack and recreate a home, no matter where we decide to go.
- A new Website. I bought a URL and will likely be moving to Squarespace shortly so I can add features to my blog. Stay tuned…
- New work projects. Selling my art and writing. Other possibilities to be refined into, or excluded from, a specific action plan: business-related workshops for artists, creativity-related workshops for business folks, a consulting business to help people explore their passions and how they can use them to create one or more income streams.
- New knowledge. Through books, classes and workshops, but mostly through practice, experiments, and potentially a coach.
- Basics. I’ve blogged about them before: sleep, morning pages, good food, plenty of water, quiet/couch time, computer-free time and a clean house.
- Financial health. Furthering my learning and focus on financial intelligence, integrity and independence, taking into account not just the amount of debt or money in the bank, but how I relate to it and its impact on the rest of my life.
- Fun. Because I seem to have let it slip through the cracks. The past several months have been heavy, heavy, heavy; I want to bring fun and a sense of adventure back into my life.
What about you? What good things are you entertaining for 2010? It's ok if you don't have a word and there's no need for formalities, braindumps are more than welcome!