Wednesday, March 24, 2010

36 Things: A Status Update

I'm going to be 37 tomorrow. To mark the occasion I thought it would be fun to review the status of last year's list of 36 things I wanted to do before I turned 37 (can someone please tell me where the year went?!):

1. run 5K
2. host a Creative Salon

3. update my resume

4.create my freelancing Web site and business card - Moo cards printed, URL bought and site under construction
5. save $5000

6. take a solo trip - it doesn't have to be far - A day trip to Montreal to catch the Van Dongen exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.

7. show my artwork at a local café, restaurant or gallery - I showed at not one but two places: my hair salon and, though it's not local, at the Vision of Squam art show. Hurray!
8. go hiking somewhere new - A new to me trail at Mer Bleue Bog; Algonquin Park; Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine.
9. lose 10 pounds

10. find a pair of tall black boots - They're black, they're tall and they're kickass sexy!

11. hike Gatineau Park's Wolf trail again

12. volunteer

13. write a personal essay - maybe even submit it for publication

14. self-publish a book on Blurb about my Urban Living Experiment

15. clean/upgrade my PC - Yup.
16. see a Cirque du Soleil performance

17. get married (squee!) - Squee!
18. bake a batch of Mom's chocolate chip cookies

19. research and profile ten female artists on my blog - past and present

20. publish a resource list on my blog (creativity, personal finance, writing, starting a business, etc.)
21. meet three people active in the local arts community
- One I kept in touch with and two others I have their card and chatted with them during a seminar on art and market readiness, so half a point for this one.
22. start a Creative Living Experiment blog - Voici!

23. re-read The Omnivore's Dilemma
24. go swimming - I waded in to my waist so I'll give myself a half point for this one.
25. go dancing - Yup, with the girls at Gracie's.
26. go on a solo date on a summer terrace with a book

27. write my morning pages at least four times a week - I can't say for sure that I averaged four times, but I think it was close.
28. visit NYC with D.

29. go dancing with D.

30. go canoeing - On Bennett Lake during our week at the cottage. It was bliss there.
31. make Mom's meat pie - Yup and yum.
32. take a drawing or painting class - Abstract Painting and I loved it; workshops at Squam
33. go to a Bluesfest concert - Blue Rodeo, KISS & a few more
34. have my photo taken for my Web site/creative business - Although the photo shoot was just for fun, I'd definitely use some of the photos on my Web site!
35. do something with my mandala series - I don't know what yet

36. paint/collage at least once a week


Despite only having done about half of what I set out to do I am happy with the results. In addition to what's on the list I did so much more and for the most part, all was in the spirit of creating the life I want. That for me is success.

I intend to put forward another list this year and it will probably be just as aggressive, 'cause that's just how I roll. I strongly believe that if I write it down there's much more of a chance I'll make it happen. Besides, I've not much to lose by doing so but oh so much to gain.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to see this year's list ;-)
    happy birthday, love...
    celebrating the bright light you are in my world.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a list girl, too. I love your 36 list and I can't wait to see what you come up with for 37!

    Missing you. Hope your birthday is fantastic!

    xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. first off, happy birthday again!
    secondly, isn't it amazing to see what you HAVE done this year? each moment a celebration as you can tick it off the list. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm late to the party here, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what a great list!

    ReplyDelete