- drinking champagne and orange juice with my chick tribe before the morning ceremony, realizing that I'd be OK no matter what because I had this amazing support network of women in my life;
- seeing D. for the first time as I walked down the aisle to a jazzy Moon River, breaking into a grin that lasted the entire day;
- swaying my hips to the jazz trio's rendition of Miles Davis' All Blues during the signing of the register;
- holding D.'s hand and feeling him squeeze it nervously while he spoke to our guests at the luncheon;
- catching a glimpse of friends and family working diligently to prepare our home for the evening cake-cutting party while we were having our pictures taken outside, J. and L. setting up the bar, Mom vacuuming the dog fur from the couch and windowsill;
- reading contributions to our garland of wedding wishes over and over - laughing, crying and feeling overwhelmed by Love;
- watching guests have fun with the homemade photo booth;
- Cassie chasing her tail in the middle of the living room dance floor to Footloose;
- D. searching out this song in the MP3's, leading me into an impromptu wedding dance, friends & family singing along in serenade;
- feeling content and loved on so many levels.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
One Year Ago this Saturday in June
One year ago on this particular Saturday in June, I married D. Today I weep with joy and gratitude at the myriad of moments from that day that are still so crisp and fresh in my heart and mind...